Hi everyone, Alan from Newlands Nursery.
Today I am showing you how to pot up Sage plugs and also take cuttings. This not only benefits the mother plant, but gives you free plants too.
Fun Fact - Sage is part of the Mint family.
Step by step Guide.
1. Put some compost in a 9cm pot, which is the perfect size.
2. Make a whole a little bigger than the root ball, and pop it in gently.
3. Water well, cover, and keep on windowsill and you will be surprised how quickly these plants will grow.
1. Watch closely how I take the cutting, leaving a small stem to plant.
2. Grab your dibber and make a small hole, pop cutting in, and gently just tuck it in. I have used 2 per pot, just to give a better success rate, and there is more than enough room for 2 cuttings.
3. Water well, cover, and keep on windowsill and wait for your free cuttings to grow.